Date:- 26th-28th February
The game is not yet over.
Do you know what will happen next?
To Know more.
Stay tuned for EPREUVE 5.0
Far away in one corner of the world, there was an inquisitive mind, wanting to be preoccupied with something interesting.. Something knowledgeable, something worthy enough of the devoted time. And one bright day, an idea crossed this mind. An idea to keep itself occupied. And that was the origin of the Epreuve. Epreuve, an online tech-hunt, with a perfect combination of basic science, technology and cryptic art, aims at keeping your mind boggling for the entire span of 48 hours it lasts. All that you need to do is some mind-scratching and applying loads of common sense to get through the set of brain-storming questions. To applaud on the occasion of you succeeding in the Epreuve, there will be exciting prizes and gift hampers. So its time to get your mind occupied. Take the Epreuve.
Epreuve 4.0 is the first student organised event under the Diamond Jubilee celebration of NIT Rourkela.
Cyborg, a technical society under the National Institute of Technology, Rourkela focusses entirely on Robotics and Automation. It works under the collaboration of four basic realms - Mechanics, Electronics, Programming and Image Processing. It has a number of intriguing projects flourishing under it. It also conducts classes and workshops. It has been a proud contender of top ranks in a number of fests and competitions. Inquisitive talents of this institute have been getting the opportunity of stepping into our forum where we nurture and display the store of our white and grey matter , BECAUSE WE DESIGN INTELLIGENCE
1. The game involves a story divided into 21 levels with rewards at each level. The entire game spans over 2 days (48 hours).
2. Each level revolves around a sub-plot of the story with some technical challenges attached to it.
3. You must try to solve the challenge to get to the next level, where the next part of the story will be revealed.
4. There is no limitation on number of attempts made by a user.
5. There is a unique solution to every question.
6. Help can be asked in the comment section of the gaming platform.
7. Hint for the question will be featured as comment in the comment section.
8. Current level will be shown in the progress bar.
9. Users posting direct answers will be banned from using the comment section (* may be banned from game, if answers of higher levels).
10. Users involved in any sort of cheating will be banned from the game.
11. The game consists of total of 150 marks distributed overally in increasing order of difficulty levels.
12.Priority marking will be awarded to the participants answering first and then subsequent reduction will be there in the marks. For example:First 25 players who would be answering each level respectively would be awarded full marks of that level , the next 50 students following will be awarded 0.25 marks less , then the next 50 will be awarded 0.75 marks less and it will continued likewise henceforth.Note: window sizes of 25, 50 ,0.25 and 0.75 are a subject matter to change according to the no. of registrations and levels.
1. The registration for the event will start from 10th Februray 2021.
2. Registrations for the event can be done with the help of register option on the navigation bar.
3. Automatic redirection to game page after successful login.
4. Game page can also be accessed from the homepage.
5. Notifications for the event will be sent to the registered email prior to the event.
1. Prizes worth upto 25k
2. Cash prizes for top 3 overall winners
3. Level Winners (Attractive Goodies and T-Shirts worth INR 13,000 distributed over the winners of 21 levels)
4. The top winners of each level will be awarded with goodies on subject to consideration that they are not among the winners in any of the previous level.
Conducted by :-
Club under Technical Soceity
SAC, NIT Rourkela
EC 440, EC building, NIT Rourkela. Pin-769008
Ph - +91 77490 85451/+91 77870 06285
Email - [email protected]